Statement of Function
2014/2015 Goals and Objectives
The Emergency Services District's mission is to protect lives, the environment and property by providing prompt,
skillful and cost effective fire protection and life safety services. The District is responsible for fire rescue response,
fire prevention, medical/trauma emergency response, hazardous materials response, CPR instruction, child safety
instruction, urban search and rescue, marine and dive rescue response, and special needs population emergency
transportation and sheltering.
The Emergency Management Division is responsible for countywide mitigation, planning, response and recovery for any disaster event. Details
The Fire Rescue Division is responsible for: Fire Suppression/Combat, Fire Prevention & Life Safety, Arson Investigation, and Pre-Hospital Emergency Care. Details
The Animal Control Division is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the county's Animal Control Regulations. Details
- Develop procedures to reduce response times to meet standard levels for medical and fire related incidents.
- Meet with local emergency departments to gather ideas for new treatment modalities.
- Strive to reduce response times for priority calls.
- Work closely with county healthcare providers to identify and respond to epidemic type situations.
- Look at cost reduction programs as they relate to Emergency Services Fleet Services parts vendors and suppliers.