Statement of Function
2013/2014 Goals and Objectives
The Emergency Services District's mission is to protect lives, the environment and property by providing prompt,
skillful and cost effective fire protection and life safety services. The District is responsible for fire rescue response,
fire prevention, medical/trauma emergency response, hazardous materials response, CPR instruction, child safety
instruction, urban search and rescue, marine and dive rescue response, and special needs population emergency
transportation and sheltering.
The Emergency Management Division is responsible for countywide mitigation, planning, response and recovery for any disaster event. Details
The Fire Rescue Division is responsible for: Fire Suppression/Combat, Fire Prevention & Life Safety, Arson Investigation, and Pre-Hospital Emergency Care. Details
The Animal Control Division is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the county's Animal Control Regulations. Details
- First due Engine arrival time of four minutes or less on fire suppression incidents.
- Full first alarm assignment arrival in eight minutes or less on fire suppression incidents.
- Four minutes or less for the arrival of a basic life support (BLS) unit at a medical emergency incident.
- Eight minutes or less for the arrival of an advanced life support (ALS) unit at a medical incident.
- Sign Agreement with Design-Build Team
- Continue fire and medical training to 232 personnel.
- To improve and expand the pre-hospital care in Indian River County with the use of County Awards grant
- Purchase property for a future station in the North County...