Indian River County Hurricane Preparedness Survey
Indian River County residents: Please take this 10 multiple choice survey to help in our hurricane preparedness outreach. Take me to the Survey
Statement of Function
The Emergency Management Department's function is to develop, coordinate and promote comprehensive emergency
plans for all disaster events in Indian River County. Responsibilities include ensuring that the County meets all local
government requirements under State and Federal guidelines. This division is responsible for county compliance with
Florida Statute 252. The Florida Administrative Codes and all associated rules. Adequate public preparedness,
warning, education and training are the highest priority for Emergency Management.
IRC Disaster Preparedness Guide
Everything you need to prepare
2013/2014 Goals and Objectives
- Important emergency phone numbers
- Hurricane preparedness information
- Evacuation routes
- Disaster supplies information
- Shelter locations
- Hurricane tracking charts
- Flooding information
- Plus much more
and start planning today.
- Continue adequate planning for disaster events in Indian River County.
- Continue analysis and assessment of County emergency operations capabilities.
- Provide adequate planning and education for international and domestic terrorism.
- Continue to provide adequate and timely emergency public notifications.
- Continue updating internet emergency information for residents to access when away from home.
- Increase public outreach programs in disaster preparedness
- Maintain interoperability with State EOC.
- Complete phase II of the Post Disaster Redevelopment Plan.